8 Covid-19 Recoveries Reported in the Panhandle
Unified Command reports no new cases of Covid-19
SCOTTSBLUFF, Neb. (KNEP) -
Unified Command has no cases of COVID-19 in the Panhandle to report today. There are several tests pending and are awaiting results.
Eight new recoveries: one in Box Butte County, one in Morrill County, and six in Scotts Bluff County brings the total recoveries to 349.
March 2-July 28, 2020
Total Tests Conducted: 7,393
Cumulative Positivity Rate: 5.6%
Active Cases: 60
Active Hospitalizations: 4
Total Cumulative Hospitalizations: 41
- Banner County: 2 cases (recovered)
- Box Butte County: 10 cases (1 active, 9 recovered)
- Cheyenne County: 25 cases (3 active, 22 recovered)
- Dawes County: 4 cases (recovered)
- Deuel County: 1 case (recovered)
- Garden County: 4 cases (recovered)
- Kimball County: 17 cases (1 active, 16 recovered)
- Morrill County: 59 cases (4 active, 55 recovered)
- Scotts Bluff County: 278 cases (50 active, 222 recovered, 6 deaths)
- Sheridan County: 9 cases (1 active, 8 recovered)
- Sioux County: 6 cases (recovered)
Beginning on August 3, Unified Command will be changing the way they report the confirmed cases. All of the information will still be available on our dashboard at www.pphd.org. In the briefings and the news releases they will be stating:
- # of new cases per county for the time period
- Identifying if they are close contacts or community spread
- Identifying if they are adults or children under the age of 19
- # of new cases recovered per county
- # of new deaths
Testing information and access for the Panhandle area:
- Chadron Community Hospital: Mondays & Fridays, 7-9am
- Collections are at 821 Morehead Street (Old Hospital ER Entrance next to Wilson Park)
- Community Action Health Center in Gering: Mondays, Wednesdays, & Thursdays, 7-8am
- Gordon Memorial Hospital: Tuesdays & Thursdays, 2-4pm
- Morrill County Community Hospital: Daily
- Call 308-262-1616 for testing, same day results, insurance will be billed
- Regional West Health Services: Monday-Friday, Noon-4pm
- This site is not currently showing up on the testing locations, but it is showing up as a testing option when completing the assessment.
- Increased testing through Test Nebraska to be coming soon to Alliance and Sidney!
- Contact your local hospital or clinic for information on testing access.
Copyright 2020 KNEP. All rights reserved.