16 New Cases of Covid-19 Reported in the Panhandle and a Ninth Death
16 new cases of Covid-19; 18 newly recovered.
SCOTTSBLUFF, Neb. (KNEP) -
Press release- "Unified Command confirms 16 more cases of COVID in the Panhandle since last reporting on Thursday, September 17. The investigations are complete, all close contacts will be quarantined and actively monitored for symptoms by public health officials.
Children 19 and under: 5
Box Butte 1 Community Spread
Scotts Bluff 4 Close Contact
Box Butte 5 Close Contact
Cheyenne 1 Community Spread
Morrill 1 Close Contact
Morrill 1 Community Spread
Scotts Bluff 3 Close Contact
Unified Command confirms 18 more recoveries in the Panhandle:
Box Butte 6
March 2-September 21, 2020
- Total Tests Conducted: 13,588
- Positive: 810
- Cumulative Positivity Rate: 5.9%
- Recovered: 716
- Active Cases: 85
- Deaths: 9
- Active Hospitalizations: 6
- Total Cumulative Hospitalizations: 81
Testing information and access for the Panhandle area:
- You can sign up for the following free testing at Testnebraska.com or 402-207-9377:
- Box Butte General Hospital in Alliance: Monday-Friday, 9-10am
- Ambulance Bay on the east side of the emergency department, watch for the green arrows
- Chadron Community Hospital: Mondays & Fridays, 7-9am
- Collections are at 821 Morehead Street (Old Hospital ER Entrance next to Wilson Park)
- Other testing opportunities for symptomatic patients may be available through the hospital as ordered by your Primary Care Practitioner, call the hospital at 747-2466 with questions.
- Gordon Memorial Hospital: Tuesdays & Thursdays, 2-4pm
- Regional West Health Services in Scottsbluff: Mondays & Fridays, Noon-4pm; Wednesdays, 2-6pm
- Sidney Regional Medical Center: Tuesdays & Thursday, 7-9am
- Community Action Health Center in Gering: Mondays, Wednesdays, & Thursdays, 7-8am
- Testing is free, sign up at https://tinyurl.com/yydxr5mc
- Morrill County Community Hospital in Bridgeport: Daily
- Call 308-262-1616 for testing, same day results
- Contact your local hospital or clinic for information on testing access.
Copyright 2020 KNEP. All rights reserved.