Joining, attending the Goshen County Fair Parade
The Goshen County Chamber is providing information for those that want to join their fair parade on Thursday, August 6th.
The rules are as follows;
• You can begin lining up for the parade at 9:00am at the west corner of Main St. and Rio Vista. Please do not block any intersections.
• The parade itself will begin at 10:00am. The theme is celebrating 100 years.
• There will be no staging areas for entries. When you are ready, begin up the shoulder of West C. St. turning east at Rio Vista.
• Members of the Torrington Fire Department will be along West C. St. and at the top of Main St. to help if needed.
• Please do your best to keep a safe distance between parade entries in-route, but don’t allow spacing to get too far apart.
• If you are a performance group which includes Dance Team, Cheerleaders, etc., you are only allowed to stop and perform twice along the parade route, once being for the judges. Your performance must be no longer than two minutes in length.
• All horse drawn entries and implement dealers with heavy equipment must use 30th Avenue to line up for parade. There will be a member of the TVFD to assist you on 30th Avenue, as well as trailers and floats over 30ft long.
• No candy will be distributed.
Stop by the Go Goshen Vistor Center to pick up your entry form.
The deadline for parade entry is August 3rd.